I was rolling in the Mojave desert in California when I shot this above ……… weirdly it was incredibly cold my hands were killing me even though I was wearing gloves when I shot this picture …….. I was regretting not bringing my mega winter clothing …… I had left it all in New York thinking why would I need it ? ……… But especially when the highway out of Mojave Valley was blocked by snow……. I started to think maybe the choice of only packing a swimming cozy and flip flops had been a mistake ……… ??? Well not quite ….. but I was not expecting hardcore snow I can tell you …… I mean come on ……. Not on an assignment in the Californian desert ?? ……. Anyway….. I survived the cold ……. I shot the job then rolled back through LA …….. This bit was so civilized ….. I had enough time to catch up with my old mate Bazza J which was a lovely blast from the past…… And I also get to join in on Bazza’s ultra cool LA life style for a bit hehehehe …… :-))) Then I was even early to the airport ……. kind of odd for me………. at LAX I was having some nice food…… messing with my computer……… and out of the restaurant speakers they were playing my theme tune ………. ‘Wheels’ by the ‘Foo Fighters’ …… I was happy ………. I thought you know what ? ….. I am gonna change my life I am gonna be early to the airport all the time……. its just so civilized and relaxing ……… maybe I could even get a bit cooler like Bazza J ???……. anyway to cut a long story short the very next day in New York I am running like hell for a flight at JFK ……… sweating like mad running down from the gate calling out to them not to shut the aircraft door …….. I just about slid on board and made it for my flight to London…….. hehehehe……… Same as it ever was ……. the dream of a civilized, cool under control life already in tatters …….. hehehehe………… oh well……… :-)))))) Wheels down London Heathrow :-))))))))
Cheers Jez XXXXXXXXXX
[ 13 ] comments
- Same ol Jez lol, living life on the edge! They say you should do something every day that makes your heart beat faster to feel alive – well you are alive and kickin’ ass! go Jez! xxx
Cathie P @ December 16, 2013, 7:01 am
- Hehehe…. Same old madness u know the score it might be a good idea in principle but it is also slightly alarming and unrelaxing at the time…… Hehehehe ….. Hope all is good with u :-)))) XXXXCheers Jez XXX
Jezblog @ December 16, 2013, 2:23 pm
- not too bad, just recovering from a fractured spine after a surprise severe seizure whilst in London last month but recovering well with lots of tlc from my family 🙂 yep, still alive and kicking so all good xxx
Cathie P @ December 16, 2013, 2:31 pm
- “just recovering from a fractured spine after a surprise severe seizure”…that doesn’t sound good…hope you get better soon.
P.S. Nice image Jez (hold back the flag a bit in procesing, lol)
Harv.! @ December 16, 2013, 6:12 pm
- It’s true the surprise seizure and fractured spine sounds way drastic and leaning into a state that is not always described as “not too bad”…. It sounds kinda drastic and bad….but although I am shocked to hear of it I am glad ur so chilled having recently suffered this…. And I’m certainly glad to hear u r on the mend…. And Harv u r right …. I was processing this with my eye lids getting way heavy I’m not sure this is the optimum treatment…..Good luck guys :-)))) xxxxx
Jezblog @ December 16, 2013, 6:39 pm
- hahaha well I suppose it did sound like I was underplaying it! Don’t worry, it was scarey at the time but getting better every day now! Thanks for the good wishes all xxx
Cathie P @ December 17, 2013, 12:47 pm
- Well I am really so glad to hear it :-))))))) Hope you have a lovely tiome over the Christmas break and are fully recovered heading into 2014 :-)))))))))) Cheers Love Jez XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jezblog London :-))))) XXXXX @ December 18, 2013, 8:41 am
- Living life in the fast lane..Its the only way to go Dude.. Well,so it appears for you Mate… And as I said before, having time to sit and drink coffee in the airport cant be good for ya can it?..Home sweet Home awaits Bro…Have a nice break xx
PaulS @ December 16, 2013, 4:59 pm
- Well I don’t know about life in the fast lane… Reminds me of my fave ‘Matt Cartoon’ with the hedgehog in the outside lane on the M1 ‘so this is it … Life in the fast lane…. Hehehehe…. Iu know it’s gonna end badly hehehehe….. Anyway im in slightly dog tired mode a bit like Ringo right now …I’m back in good ol blights hanging out in London with family and friends :-)) my folks have got everyone coming to a massive big Xmas gathering of the clans my sister and her lot are coming in from SA having been to pay their final respects to Mandela :-(((((((((((((((( :-))) XXCheers bro Jez XX
Jezblog @ December 16, 2013, 8:28 pm
- hehehe..hey I like the way you entertain people with your words…Nice!
Lovely @ December 17, 2013, 9:33 am
- I walked for an hour up some sand dunes in the Mojave Desert. All I could think was “whatever you do don’t lose the keys to the hire car.” I think I have a small time Brummie mentality and watch too many movies.
Lee @ December 17, 2013, 4:45 pm
- Although although…. Both in NM and CA I had extra food and water in the car…. I do have a bit of a Brummie Photojourno thing happening myself….. Maybe it is Brummie small time thinking…. But maybe it is that thing where a torch… Some matches…. Those dried fruit bars have made all the difference between living and dying…. I am a bit of a don.t lose the keys … Check the fuel level blah blah….. Funny cos people often think u r a war photographer surely u r not worried? But the opposite is true you really know bad stuff can happen so it’s best to do everything to mitigate against it….. I was once dropped off in the middle of the Negev desert without water…. Not gonna forget that one too fast ….I find A little bit of correctly timed worrying is a good idea hehehehehehe……
I don’t always do this now but I used to always have two keys for my car on me…. Denoting a certain level of full on Brummie paranoia and what we used to call operational readiness :-)))) XX
Keep a chain on those rental keys and carry an extra swiiskit ;-)))))) XXX
Jezblog @ December 17, 2013, 8:48 pm
- Happy Christmas to you and all your family Bro… And Merry Christmas to all Jezblog followers..
PaulS @ December 24, 2013, 2:10 pm