I shot a nice picture of Carli Lloyd doing a selfie of herself clutching the trophy during the ticker tape parade. She looked happy…. and well she might … having scored an amazing batch of goals in the FIFA Worldcup Final, securing the woldcup for the USA womens team.
New York City put on a ticker tape parade to celebrate the victory. The first ever ticker tape parade for a womens sports team. Thousands turned up on a beautiful day to celebrate in the so called ‘Canyon of Heroes’ close to Wall Street, now called the ‘Canyon of Heroines’ !!! :-))) It was an inspiring spectacle, just fantastic, especially for the young women and girls who are soccer players and fans and were in the crowd in their thousands to show their support for and appreciation of the team. Well done all those young supporters and players !!!! Well done New York City !!! . . :-)))) Mega well done USA womens soccer team !!!!!
The main shoot is for an assignment so cannot go up here ……. so here is a vendors flag in a shaft of sunlight after it is all over …… and just as the big clean up is about to begin. I thought it was a nice touch that some of the NYC sanitation workers that get to clear it all up … also got to ride in the parade .. and earned a great cheer from the crowd as they passed :-)))))))) XXXXXXXXX
Cheers Jez XXXXXX
[ 8 ] comments
- Go USA
Nice light 🙂
Angela MK @ July 11, 2015, 8:39 am
- It is rather inspiring to see the womens soccer team get the same treatment as a mens team, like things really have changed like some of the old predjudices are really going away …… I saw the confederate flag was taken away from the State House down in South Carolina today too ……. about time…… maybe the arc of history is still moving towards freedom and decency great day all round :-)))))))) XXXXXX
Jezblog :-)) XXX @ July 11, 2015, 10:50 am
- They played great Bro, shame us English just fell short but we are also proud of our Lionesses.. Looked a great celebration and deserved as well.. Hope all is good Bro…xx
PaulS @ July 11, 2015, 3:24 pm
- They played great for sure ….. remarkable competition all round and you are right the Brits did good too …… yeah the tickertape parade was fun kind of amazing….. I can remember marvelling at such madness on the TV with my brother we wanted to attend a tickertape parade in NYC finally I got to one hehehehe ….. And the USA women players were great they deserved it all …… it was a lovely atmosphere …… :-))))))) XXXX
How are you bro?
Are u recovered on the health front?
Cheers bur Jez XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Jezblog :-)) XXX @ July 11, 2015, 3:31 pm
- All is sort of good Bro… Need operation, not on the old ticker, you know how it goes as you get older… May need a new occupation if youhave any contacts?? :?)
Stay Safe Bro xx
PaulS @ July 12, 2015, 2:53 pm
- Oh oh… operations r kinda scary bro … we shoulda all concentrated harder in Miss Salts class we should all be novelists by now … Harper Lee wrote one book never had to work again … come on easy life … well kinda …. the rest of us have gotta shift these color TV’s yeah money for nothing chick’s for free… i guess I can’t complain by the time all I do is shoot a few photos for a living … but u know from experience there is a bit of junk to be schlepping about and a few miles to be driven and flights to fly in between. .. it takes quite a toll on yr body… people don’t believe I am only 17 … I’ll give u a buzz for a bit more of a chat bro … Hope all the rest of your family is doing good mate …. I’m expecting to see all my lot here in NYC pretty soon so that should be good … we need to come up with a writing gig Paul … maybe we should write a joint book… To kill a Mockingbird … that’s done … er… what about to kill a brummy water rat. … although her latest Go set a watchman … sounds more like a brummy novel…. i think we would have to go it some to catch up with Harper Lee
Jezblog :-))) NYC @ July 12, 2015, 4:24 pm
- Well,I got a title…`To Kill a Mucky Bird`, Harper Lee meets 50 Shades???.. Guess the rest is up to you…I may be able to drag the old sketch pad out and design a cover… The Coulson Clan hit NYC.. Nice, stay safe Bro xx
PaulS @ July 13, 2015, 3:29 pm
- Ive written the first chapter and put it up on the next page bro :-)))) XXXXX text me on the 00 1 917 309 5XXX number Paul ….. I appear to have wiped all my friends numbers…… agggghhhh …… I’ll call u back :-)))) XXXXX
Cheers bro Jez XXXXXX
Jezblog NYC :-)) XXX @ July 13, 2015, 10:30 pm