This is the cover of a new album out to day …… by ‘The Hurriers’ Barnsley’s finest …… as they put it a proper socialist band like every town needs …….. :-)))
My agent Matt has fine socialist principles when it comes to bands …….. Especially a mighty band like ‘The Hurriers’ …….. so we adopt the “From each according to their abilities. To each according to their needs” philosophy and seeing as we have the odd mighty photo that they are in need of ……… and they are able to supply cool T-shirts which I am in need of :-))) ………… a socialist utopia is reached :-))) hehehehe……… I am messing ……
Seriously, I am honored to have my photograph on the cover of the new album and on the T-shirt ……… Its really its great to hear a bit of radical music with a bit of the grit of reality contained ……..’ The Hurriers’ have those true radical credentials and a bit of true grit ……. I am not surprised to see their new album is already getting play …… its at 50mins in on the BBC 6 Music, New Music show presented by Steve Lamacq
The picture was made up in Glasgow on The Easterhouse Estate …… First time it was ever used was with an article about poverty in Scottish cities it was then a cover photograph under the headline ‘Crucified on Easterhouse’
Get the album here http://thehurriers.co.uk
And read reviews of the band and their new music here :-)))) :
Cheers Jez XXXXXXX
[ 8 ] comments
- Great picture! From the Report/IFL days?
John Harris @ May 1, 2015, 11:10 am
- Just slightly later …. I went up to Scotland with Scott Goodfellow my mate from 7Days the CP paper in the very early days of Insight … I don’t know if u saw but they The Hurriers were thankinging me on Twitter and u guys at ReportDigital hehehe ….. I wasn’t sure how u were involved in supplying them this photo as they got it from Matt hehehehe…… but I thought maybe there r other photos on the sleeve somewhere? Anyway it seemed kinda mean to kick u out of their tweet so I re-tweeted it giving u equal billing hehehe :-))))) XXXXX
Jezblog London :-)) @ May 1, 2015, 11:17 am
- Oh yes Scott – are you still in contact? What does he do these days?
John Harris @ May 5, 2015, 5:33 am
- He lives in a place in the middle of no where in France with his partner Siara Shah :-)) I Did see Scott in London a short while ago… :-))) He still comes to the UK fairly often I think ….he does bits and pieces of all sorts of stuff …. But I think they spend a lot t of their time looking after their child who is profoundly disabled … They all seem happy ….. I just saw a pile of pics of Scott on a crazy night of raving on FB hehehehe……. seems like he may have wisely decided not to grow up too much :-)))))) ……. Hope all is good with u bro …. Cheers Jez XXXX :-))))) XXXXXXXX
Jezblog London :-)) @ May 5, 2015, 7:14 am
- Another fine piece of work delivered by Mr C, and Matt of course… Been a while since you showed your face around these parts Boy? Where you been hiding?..hee,hee Hope all is well with the family and yourself buddy.. Stay Safe Bro xx
PaulS @ May 1, 2015, 2:55 pm
- Im in rest mode……. well not quite …. hanging in London and at my folks it was my birthday and more importantly my mum was 80 so we had a big party Nancy came over with her family from SA it was a lovely time…. so I have been kicking back a little :-))) All is good here hope all is good with you and all yours ? :-)))))Cheers bro Jez XXXXXXXX
Jezblog London :-)) @ May 2, 2015, 7:42 am
- When I get my band Shoot Between back together can please I use the picture of Cameron’s eyes from the ST Magazine cover for the blue vinyl limited release?
Lee @ May 2, 2015, 5:38 am
- The limited edition Blue Vinyl edition ? …… Its a must :-)))) hehehehe…. I love a good limited edition blue one … I used to have Mr Blue Sky by the mighty Brummies of ELO …… but it seems to have disappeared into the blue ………… I need a a new limited edition Blue vinyl record …. hmmmmmm ….. maybe u could do a Punk version of Blue by Joni Mitchell or Cocaine Blues by Mr Cash :Early one mornin’ while makin’ the rounds
I took a shot of cocaine and shot my woman down
I went right home and I went to bed
I stuck that lovin’ forty-four beneath my head.
Johnny Cash – Cocaine Blues
That could be the one seems right for David Cameron :-))) hehehehe XXXXXXXXXX
Cheers bro Jez XXXXXX
Jezblog London :-)) @ May 2, 2015, 7:36 am